Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My friend’s Wedding Reception, Japan. It’s quite different from what we use to have in my home country. As I’m already here in this country, I respect their culture and lifestyle. Usually, wedding receptions are held on a separate day for friends. Before joining the reception, we need to settle the prefixed fee, usually indicated on the invitation card. The ceremony started with the wedding couple entering the venue and lighting the candles on each guest’s table. This is followed up with cake-cutting ceremony and photography session. I can see that there is some western influence to make the ceremony more colorful. During the ceremony, there were some events organized to entertain the guest such as Bingo game and live band. No kidding, the first prize was a Nintendo DS! The ceremony ended with the wedding couple themselves handing a small door gift, along with their humble gratitude to the invited guest. Definitely, a memorable experience!

No comments: