Sunday, February 24, 2008

Eihei-ji, Fukui

Before entering this ancient Zen temple, we were advised not to disturb/speak with the monks as they are training. When I heard this, on the back of my head, I’m imagining the monks are meditating on top of stone or performing sacred martial arts techniques. However we found out that a monk was actually conducting a presentation for tourist apart from others who were performing their daily routines. To my surprise, there was even a flat screen TV in here. Yeah, that seems right! Overall, our visit here felt like a perfect Zen

2 comments:

Dlamini said...

This was a great trip Mahendra. You seem to have got a good shot of this statue.

MAG said...

ah! first comment ever, (everything has a beginning), tq for the comment. By the way, my name is mag.